The veterinary staff at Camelot Court Animal Clinic is committed to providing comprehensive and personalized medical care to your pet so you can enjoy a long and happy life together. As medical professionals, we recognize that preventive medicine is the best way to keep your pet healthy and limit the lifetime cost of care.
Part of ensuring that your pet receives optimal care is to schedule regular wellness check-ups and examinations. Regular veterinary visits allow the clinic’s doctors to evaluate and assess your pet’s overall health and detect any signs or symptoms of disease or medical conditions.
Good Communication Leads to Good Health
Each age and stage of your pet’s life presents different health issues that require special attention and care. The doctors and staff at Camelot Court Animal Clinic develop a health care plan for your pet that takes their special needs and lifestyle into consideration. We also listen to you, the pet owner, about your schedule, needs and family life. By understanding the whole picture, we can tailor your pet’s wellness plan to one that sees them happy and healthy.
Keep Your Pet Healthy With Preventive Medicine
When you bring your pet to Camelot Court Animal Clinic, we work with you to create a lifetime preventive health care plan. This includes a balanced schedule of vaccines (to protect your pet against dangerous but preventable diseases), routine dental care (good oral health protects overall systemic health) and microchip identification (should your pet become lost). We also provide internal medicine services, nutritional and behavioral counseling, general and orthopedic surgery, advanced diagnostic testing capabilities and much more.
Deworming and Fecal Check
Dangerous parasites are always present in the environment. We recommend regular fecal checks and deworming as the best way to prevent parasitic disease and the transmission of intestinal parasites to your pet and your family members.
Regular Blood Testing
A complete physical should include a blood test. Not only can a chemistry panel and blood count identify the presence of underlying disease, but these tests help create a baseline should your pet become ill between regular examinations.
As part of your pet’s regular wellness examination in Leawood, your veterinarian will:
- Listen to your pet’s heart – Early signs of cardiac disease such as heart murmurs and abnormal heart beat patterns known as arrhythmia can be heard through a stethoscope. Discovering these initial indicators of an underlying condition can often lead to treatment before the problem becomes a more serious health threat.
- Listen to your pet’s lungs – Health issues such as infection, obstructive diseases and other problems can be detected by listening to your pet’s lungs through a stethoscope. The doctor can also assess the overall pulmonary health of your pet.
- Check your pet’s teeth and oral cavity – Infection and other forms of dental disease can lead to serious systemic health issues. We also take the time to discuss proper home dental care with you.
- Evaluate your pet’s vision – Ocular conditions, such as glaucoma and dry eye, can be prevented or better, treated through regular care and screenings.
- Examine your pet’s ears – Ear disease is relatively common in many types of pets. Regular examinations can prevent most forms of ear disease from developing or stop its progression.
- Palpate the lymph nodes, abdomen and skin – By feeling these areas, we are searching for unusual lumps or swellings. The skin is also evaluated for discolorations, lesions or patterns of hair loss or thinning, which could be signs of more complicated health issues.
- Palpate joints and muscles – By examining the joints, legs and other areas of the body, we are able to evaluate for swelling, decreased muscle tone and variations in muscle size that may indicate developing orthopedic issues. In older pets, we look for signs of arthritis, which can affect one or more joints and cause lameness, stiffness and joint pain.
Start Your New Puppy or Kitten Off on the Right Paw
Whether adopting a pet for the first time or introducing one into your multiple-pet home, a new puppy or kitten quickly melts your heart. However, knowing how to properly care for your new pet will help eliminate any hassles or worries. Camelot Court Animal Clinic in Leawood shares your joy at welcoming this new family member into your life and is here to support you with superior pet care and guidance.
Your Puppy or Kitten’s First Wellness Exam
Puppy and kitten programs are designed to cover all the fundamental health care needs of your new pet during his/her early life stages.
First on your agenda should be a trip to Camelot Court Animal Clinic for a comprehensive physical examination. The initial visit provides an opportunity for you, your pet and one of our doctors to meet and get acquainted. Visits should take place at 9, 12 and 16 weeks of age. This time is well spent and offers you, the pet owner, a chance to ask questions. We strive to alleviate any concerns or anxieties you may have about owning a puppy or kitten. This is a special time for you and your pet, and we want your memories to be worry-free.
Pet Wellness Exams In Leawood, KS
Taking care of your precious pet’s health starts with a thorough veterinary exam. To schedule a wellness exam for your pet, call us at 913-469-9330.